Saturday, March 21, 2009

First post :)

I would be hannah, and this is my blog, about volleyball. My life, my friends, and everything. I play volleyball for Club Zia's 12-1's. We are currently at the moment, of March 21st 2009, the 5th best team of the state of arizona, and some parts of New mexico, and colorado. I live in peoria, and i am a 7th grader. My team, are so rediculously amazing, and i love them with all my heart! They are just, i cant even explain it, words dont describe it! :) My Friends, they keep me going everyday, from start to finish, at 6:30 in the morning when i wake up, to 11 or 12 at night when i fall asleep. Music, its my anti-drug. And you will hear me talk alot about all the millions of concerts i go to. Haha, i pretty much live for volleyball, my friends, and concerts. :) School, really means nothing to me. Its not that i dont like it, just that it doesnt hold my interest, which isnt the best. But im trying, and succeding. :) I really love to read, im not a nerd, but reading good books, it holds my interest. Ill talk about some books ive read too. :) So now, you know about me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today: March 21st, 2009.
I had a volleyball tournament, 3:00. Not a usual time for our tournaments, but heyy! we are in the first division now! were the top 6th team going into this tournament, and we play at 3:15 sharp, first game, Zia 12-1's VS. EVJ 12-1's. BTW: EVJ means east valley juniors they are another club team, one of the millions of others. First game: Winner, EVJ, Second game: Winner, EVJ. Well, theres a match. Game end. For those of you who dont know, and volleyball match goes 2 games, if one team wins the first game, but the other team wins the other, they are tied, so then they have to play a tie braker to 15, usual games go to 25. not in this case, no need of a tie braker, yeah, they schooled us, and yeah, they were 2 times the size of us, (NOT EXAGERATING) My team, arent the biggest girls around. Haha!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next game, same day:
Zia 12-1's VS. Shonto Starlings
We have played them before, and when we did, i believe the first games score was like 8-25, winners, us. Same with second game, so yeah, we schooled them there, well, all of a sudden, here comes the shonto starlings, with a wowing 3rd best team in the state. I was shocked! But, gotta give em props. :)

So at the tournament, close first game. Were bummed, because they are a ton of alot better than they were a month ago, PROPS! But obviously, so were we. Second game, we come back and school them, third game, piece of cake. I have to admit, they were a challenge, and i was nervous we wouldnt win, but we did. :) Yayy!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next game, Same day:
Zia 12-1's VS. Arrowhead 11's-Game for 5th place!
Played them twice before today, first time nailed emm, second time, got nailed. I know what you are thinking, 11 year olds! WOW! But, these are not average 11 year olds, Theyre club arrowhead volleyball playing 11 year olds. totally different! First game: We take them down with a very close and intense game. Second game: The take us down with a very close and intense game. Deffinitly need a tie braker. Game to 15, me as a setter. :) And we go for gold with an intense, but not so close game. :) Fifth best team in the state, here we are!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To wrap up the day:

Zia goes into the tournament as 6th best, and moves up to 5th best!
not a big jump, but atleast we move up :)
Just to let you know, my team has never gotten anything lower than 2nd place at a tournament! only twice, and we got 5th, and 3rd. :) So PUT THAT IN YOUR JUICE BOX AND SUCK IT!

:) I love my life as a setter on the zia 12-1s!

No comments:

Post a Comment